Saturday, September 6, 2008

Eventful Day




It seems I always find New things in my Garden when I moving/cutting plants. Today we found a whole Mess of Garlic Chives. I knew I had Chives, but I just thought they were Chives. and I didn't realize how much I had. After we cut back an evergreen we found them.(pictures 1&2) Just a few had flowered, and I remembered reading that chives have purplish flowers not white. So I looked it up, and found that there called Garlic Chives. I also learned that you can eat the flowers and the bulb that's in the ground, along with the stems. I love a plant that you can eat all of!

Below is where I planted my Bouquet Garden seeds. I got the seeds as a free gift from the National home gardening club. The Mixture has the Following: Calendula, Sunflower, comos, Lewis Flax, Baby Snapdragon, Cornflower, Lupine, Scented Stock, Clarkia, African Dasiy, Phlox, Chinese Forget-Me-Not, Baby's Breath, Zinnia, Dephinium, Coreopsis, and Black eyed susan. I'm pretty excited about having a whole section just for cut flowers. I love to bring them inside, and share with others. I'm always taking Roses to work. I also planted some Red Poppy seeds just off the side of this picture. I can't wait!!







No comments: